Thursday, August 25, 2011

three months old today

So we made it!  We all survived the first three months.  Gone are the days of counting Greta's age in weeks, we have moved on to months!  We could not have done it without the support of our friends and family.  A big thank you to all of our parents, we really needed you all and you came through for us.  Your visits were amazing and your emotional support over the phone was just what we needed.  To all of our friends, it is amazing how good it feels to visit with you or get a comment on our facebook walls :)  I would also like to give a very special thank you to my sister-in-law Rachel.  I don't know what I would have done without her.  She always answered the phone- even when she didn't have the time.  She gave me honest advice and support, and made me realize that the hard times would be gone before I knew it and it was ok to feel a little crazy.  It's hard for me to believe that Greta has only been with us for three short months.  It really feels like it was a lifetime ago that we were in a hospital room with our 6 hour old daughter feeling fear and overwhelming love.  Let the fun begin!
-Suzie

 Our first family photo... not our most glamorous moment.  (we had been working on her for a long time)  But one of the most special moments of our lives.
Greta 6 hours old, looking a little bit like a gangsta.

1 comment:

  1. You guys have done an incredible job!!! It is going to become more and more fun as the weeks go by now. I'm so happy that I was able to help you along the way....even though my advice may have contained a lot of the good, the bad, and the ugly. You are such a good sport about listening to it all....however wacko my responses become sometimes. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete